Since I made Chicken Tetrazzini last week for Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share this easy & yummy recipe!
What you'll need:
8 oz. (or small) package of spaghetti
(You can use other types of pasta if you prefer. The first time I made this was for Valentine's Day many years ago, & I actually found heart-shaped pasta!)
2 cans white chicken OR 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
(I like using the cans of chicken because it's quicker, & I'm all about quick & easy!)
10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon onion flakes (optional)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
(I like to use a little more cheese in mine!)
salt & pepper
1 small jar diced pimentos
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 cups Corn Flakes OR 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
(I prefer the Corn Flakes.)
Parmesan, Romano, & Asiago cheese
1) Preheat oven to 325*.
2) Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
3) Boil chicken breasts if not using canned chicken.
4) Mix soups & milk (& onion flakes if desired) together & heat on low to medium.
(Don't let it get to boiling stage.)
5) Add cheese, stirring constantly.
6) Add salt & pepper to taste.
(When all the cheese is melted, move mixture aside.)
7) Drain spaghetti.
8) Mix soup/cheese mixture with spaghetti.
9) Drain chicken (if using canned chicken), OR if cooking fresh chicken, cut up cooked chicken into small pieces.
10) Drain pimentos.
11) Add chicken, almonds, & pimentos to spaghetti. Mix together.
12) Pour into casserole dish.
13) Crush Corn Flakes.
14) Sprinkle Corn Flakes (or bread crumbs) on top.
15) Sprinkle Parmesan, Romano, & Asiago cheese on top as desired.
16) Cook for 30-45 minutes.