Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tablescape Thursday: A Shabby Chic Easter

This is how much God loved the world: He gave His Son, His one and only Son.  And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in Him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. 
John 3:16 (The Message)

With Easter quickly approaching, I decided to share a few pics of last year's "Shabby Chic Easter" tables. 

I'll start with the table in my formal dining. 



I used a cream color tablecloth to set a neutral background, but there seemed like there needed to be a little more "oomph" to it.  So I layered a sheet of green tulle (left over from the baby shower I had hosted) over the top, scrunched up here & there.  I like the extra sheen & color it added.


The fairly simple centerpiece consisted of a couple of shabby chic bird cages (one containing a nest & the other eggs) & some fresh flowers scattererd around the table.  (I didn't have small glass vases, so I actually used ice cream dishes!)






A scrolled iron charger grounds each place setting. 
Cream, pale yellow, & light green dishes are mixed together, & a bird's nest rests in the bowl.





I used my clear, acrylic flatware (that you've seen so many times!).


And because my little 4 year old nephew was coming, this place setting got some special "kiddie-size" flatware, too.  (It's actually a little appetizer fork & spoon).



A small cream colored bird cage, holding a tealight candle, also adorns each place setting.



The silver-rimmed goblet holds a sage green napkin & place card, tied with raffia, along with a faux egg.
{Click here for a little tutorial on the place cards.}







For my second table, in my breakfast nook, I used my bird's nest chargers, followed by the same green,  yellow, & cream dishes, again rotating the order of the colors at each place setting.  (I have to admit, looking back now, this table desperately needed a tablecloth!).
  A sage green napkin is adorned with a bird cage napkin ring (each one is a little different), while the acrylic flatware rests casually in the bowl.





A glass goblet with white polkadots contains a few faux eggs & the place card.





Because there was no room for a centerpiece, only a set of bunny salt & pepper shakers sits in the middle.....


 .....but a shabby chic pitcher serves as a side piece, holding a bouquet of fresh flowers.


Table #1:
scrolled iron chargers - Gracious Goods/Horchow
yellow & green dishes - Isabella Collection/JC Penney
cream dishes - Chris Madden/JC Penney
acrylic flatware - Walmart
silver rimmed goblets - Dillards
bird cage tealight holders & bird cages - Michael's


Table #2:
bird nest chargers & bird cage napkin rings- Pottery Barn
dishes & flatware  - same as table #1
polka dot goblets - Target
pitcher - Garden Ridge
salt & pepper shakers - Hobby Lobby

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm linking with Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday, How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday, A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday, All Things Heart & Home for All Things Inspired, & The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays.  Be sure to check them out & be inspired!

Stop back by next Thursday, when I reveal this year's Easter "vintage-inspired" tablescape! 

29 comments:

  1. Oh, the wreath chargers, the bird cages, it's just wonderful. So whimsical.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to sit down and find the bird nests filled with little eggs...love the whimsy of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all your decor, the colors and textures are so timeless. I love your birdcages and napkin rings.The green pitcher is my favorite. Thank you for all the great ideas.Best wishes for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how cohesive your tables look! The bird cages are stunning. Happy Easter, be blessed. Do drop in I've got another giveaway going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bird theme with those pretty bird cages and the way you placed the napkins and place cards at the first table. The second table is so cute with the grapevine ? placemats/chargers. Love those and your acrylic flatware. Hope you have a happy Easter,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful tables!! Love the napking rings -- I've never seen anything like those! And the birdcages and the eggs in the goblets are fantastic!

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your flatware, I also love your chargers. Everything looks so pretty and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS table.. your colors of NATURE are the same that I am planning on using on my Easter table.... thanks for so many wonderful ideas... HAPPY & Blessed Easter..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful overall, but those cages really send me. I love how you've decorated with them. My guess is they probably lend themselves to all sorts of different themes. How lucky you are to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have set some really pretty tables with such detail. You are MY kind of person. ;) I love the little things that your tables show. Love those bird cage napkin rings and so much more! Hope you'll stop by and see me too.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, soooo many wonderful details!!! I LOVE the adorable bird cage napkin rings!!!

    I also love that you thought of your sweet nephew, too, with kid-size appropriate items!!!!!!!

    Wonderful!

    hugs,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your birdcages and nests. very springy tablesape. love it all. Have a happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...when I saw the first couple of photos, I thought the chargers were a deep eggplant color. Cool! I would love them either way! have a happy, happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautful tablescape and quite unique with all the bird cages, plates, flatware and lots of pretty elements that make your Easter table a total loveliness!
    Have a sweet and happy Easter.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry ,I forgot to sign my name to my comment. Love your taste in decor. Enjoy your holiday and thanks for beautiful post. Emelia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be over around 2:00! Found you through French Country Cottage. Beautiful tablescapes. I love bird motifs! SO springy.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I am now your follower. Please feel free to follow my blog, thanks!

    Pink bonding at my page, come and see. Have a wonderful Easter celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that you might have had way too much fun on these tables! So charming. I think that I may disagree with you about the lack of a tablecloth on the second table. I love the way that the lighting and the dark wood became an integral part of the whole design. Thank you for sharing your lovely tablescapes. Have a blessed Easter. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    I would feel like such a special person if I received an invite to dine at your table.
    Beautiful and incredible attention to detail.
    Wishing you a beautiful Pink Saturday.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous tables~ I love your pretty dishes and the chargers! I have some very similar chargers that I found at Penneys- they are fantastic! Thanks for sharing at FNF~ Have a wonderful Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! What beautiful tables you have shown. The birdcages are sooooo cute! Love it all!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Exquisite table scape ... warm & inviting, details are wonderful!! Love the nests ...

    Have a beautiful Easter ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is an amazing job for your holiday table! Happy Easter to you! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi lovely lady. I love your Tablescape for Easter. I hope you and your lovely family are having a Happy Easter. I just put me in one more time as a Follower sorry. I'am going Blog nuts ~~~Happy Easter
    XXOO
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shae,

    What a beautiful Easter table! I love those bird nests with the eggs. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving those scrolled iron chargers and the cages--so unique. Everyone must surely have enjoyed your Easter table.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both tablescapes are gorgeous. I love the mix of colors for the dinnerware and the birdcages and nests are all beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete