Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wildcard Wednesday: Signs of Spring.....In My Living Room

Little by little, I've been revealing my spring decor.  Okay, truth is, it's actually taking me several weeks to finish my spring decorating, but knowing that I'm going to share a little more each week has at least motivated me to get something accomplished!

In previous weeks, I've given you a glimpse of my entry (click here), as well as my kitchen (click here & here).  This week, you get a little peek at my living area. 

While I absolutely love the bright colors of spring and the shabby chic spring look that I so often see in magazines & blogs......

Photo Blog July 26 Decorating Nursery Pink Wallpaper


shabby chic


.......my somewhat European/Old World style decor does not lend itself too well to the bright, shabby chic look......well, not without a major re-do anyway.  So instead, I've chosen to add seasonal decor that will compliment my existing decor.  (Although, I have to admit my spring tablescapes often have a shabby chic look!)

Here are a few of my recent living room changes:

My cocktail table generally looks like this "in-between" seasons:



(Notice the decorative balls in the tray)

But with each season, it gets one simple change...... I trade out the decorative balls for something seasonal.....this time, nests & eggs:

 


My end table also gets a little change.  Remember this area from my "Curtain Call" post?

It typically looks like this, with a tassle lying on a stack of old books:






But for spring, I traded out the tassle for a glass cloche, showcasing another nest (I just love the bird on the top of the cloche!) & added a little bird.










The stack of books was a little much, so I took a few away, and added a recent TJ Maxx purchase: this stack of old, distressed book pages tied with string.  (This would be easy to make too, but at about $7, I figured it was worth just buying it!)


Nearby is a footstool (get a closer look during this week's Friday Favorites!), which usually holds this Gracious Goods tray with my current magazines:


But for spring, it gets a little face-lift:


A big turquoise bird & large nest sit atop a burlap table runner.



 Have I mentioned how much I love turquoise?

And speaking of turquoise, I made one more change to my living area.  

During the winter large hurricane candle holders, greenery, & berries were displayed atop our armoire:
 

But now, it gets a touch of turquoise as well:

Oh & one more little area to show you.  I've added a couple things to our breakfast bar.  While this is technically part of the kitchen (obviously!), it connects with our living area, so I thought I'd throw it in.

Normally, the picture frame stands alone, but I added a nest & moss-covered bunny to the mix.  {I'm thinking now maybe I should swap out that Santa pic for a spring one!}

I'm linking with This Blessed Nest for Spring Fling, BNOTP for Met Monday, & A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday., French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday,  The Charm of the Home for Home Sweet Home, and The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday. Check them out!

13 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful! love the different displays, it is just not normal to leave things in the same place. Lol. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your added spring touches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! Love the spring touches that you added to your gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, everything is so pretty. Love all of your vignettes and of course the cloche really got my attention. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shea...

    My friend, I think that spring is looking lovely at your place! Ohhh...your living room is sooo beautiful! I love the "Old World" design style and my living room falls along the same lines. I know exactly what you mean when it comes time to decorate for spring and summer...it can be a challenge! But...I love the small changes that you made...they really do make a beautiful impact and look so springy! The bird nests and birds...just sing of spring! Love your pretty cloche with the bird finial! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home and new spring vignettes with us today!

    Warmest spring wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous vignette.Spring truly has sprung!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring changes are beautiful! I love your birdie glass cloche with the nest! I also love the turquoise and the other nests you placed around. It looks very pretty! I just got out some Easter decor last night for my youngest. I thought if I don't get it out soon Easter will be here! Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there~ Love your spring touches and that turquoise birdie is really sweet. Love that color! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so pretty with your Spring touches! Love that bird cloche!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a beautiful home. Love the nests. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your old world charm is so lovely!! Love the bird cloche, that is so unique. Love all the colors you use in putting everything together. Beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is gorgeous!! I love all your vignettes! I love that big turquoise bird. I was at Kirkland's today and saw a huge turquoise bird. I almost purchased it, but then decided I had spent enough money for the day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought of myself as a fan of turquoise, but suddenly I find it is in my home, my wardrobe, my jewelry box, and often calls to me. I love the touches you've added to your home.

    ReplyDelete