Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tablescape Thursday: Flowers ~N~ Flutters Dessert Table

The flowers appear on the earth; The time of the singing of birds is come.......
Song of Solomon 2:12 (ASV)

Last week, I shared my "Flowers ~N~ Flutters" tablescape
{Because of the blogger glitch, some of you may not have been able to view it, so feel free to click on the link above if you'd like to see the full post.}

Today I'm going to give you a glimpse of my coordinating dessert buffet.


To add some softness to the dark wood, I covered the buffet with a sheer tablecloth with little pink rosebuds. 

Since the buffet was within arm's reach of the dinner table, during dinner it was the perfect spot to keep pitchers of sweet tea & water for quick & easy refills.


But when dessert time rolled around, the pitchers were exchanged for bowls of vanilla ice cream.

Pink & green-footed bowls with scalloped edges add to the feminine, airy feel........


.......while glittery butterflies & dragonflies gently resting on the ice cream adds some sparkle.




The tiered metal stand, with a little bird resting on top, holds strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. 


In keeping with the theme, sugared gumdrops & mint leaves are formed to look like flower petals.

{Although these did NOT turn out like I had envisioned, I will do a tutorial sometime in the near future.  Maybe you'll have better luck!}

Pink & green floral napkins are topped with a butterfly napkin weight.

Little goblets with a bee design (sitting on either side of the cake) hold forks & spoons, which also have a bee design. 
{Sorry, none of the close ups turned out.}

And last, but not least, my FAVORITE part of the table........




......a buttermilk poundcake with powdered sugar glaze (look for the recipe next Tuesday) is the center of attention.

Resting on a cabbage cake plate, which coordinates with the dessert plates, it receives the honor it deserves.


The middle of the cake is filled with fresh flowers & another glittery buttefly.





Would you like a piece?

I saved one just for you!

Just a few more pics......





rosebud tablecloth - ebay
2-tiered server - TJ Maxx
cabbage plates/cake stand - Williams Sonoma
bee glasses - Tuesday Morning/(also at Horchow)
bee flatware - Horchow
pink & green ice cream bowls - Dillards (years ago)
napkin holder/weight - by Mariposa
{To see other tablescapes using the same items, click on the links above.}

Check out these great blogs that I'll be linking to:

34 comments:

  1. Very cute. Love your cake ! Love your glittery dragonflies !! Very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, that pound cake is making my mouth water!!! I love the glittery butterflies and dragonflies on the ice cream. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So heavenly! I just love it all lol.... The cake looks scrupmtious and I just love the cabbage plates! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty this is! I know that your guests were dazzled and delighted. I've used the same colors this week...we were thinking alike. Love your footed sherbets. I look foward to your tutorial on the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I am sure your Guest were just as delighted as I was to see your pictures.

    I want to take that piece of cake you sliced and eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cabbage plates stole the scene until I saw the bedazzled butterflies. What an adorable accessory! Your table is just lovely and really showcases the wonderful desserts. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is wonderful! Everything is so pretty and inviting...the sherbet glasses are so pretty, I love the soft colors they have. Everything is delish too, I just wish I was there, too! Lol! Can't wait for the cupcake tutorial!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! WOW! WOW! Love the pink and green I know everyone will say that...Fabulous!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spread! Nice job! I wish I could have one of those cupcakes. How did you make the pretty flowers on top? Are those gumdrops? Happy Pink Saturday!
    Blessings,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Tammy! Yes, the flowers are gumdrops. They actually didn't turn out how I had envisioned them, but I plan to do an easy tutorial for them sometime soon (probably a week from Tuesday). So feel free to check back. And thanks for stopping by my blog! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, lovely. I'm sure your guests were wowed!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful is your table! I just love everything! I would have loved to have been a guest at your party!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything look beautiful! That cake looks amazing and I love the footed sherbert glasses-love the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky guests! Everything is so feminine - just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have a piece of cake, please and love the dragonflies! Beautiful dessert table. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omigosh, what a delightful table!!! I love your sherbert glasses -- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is beautiful!!! This is one party I would love to be invited to!!!
    Have a beautiful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! I got some great ideas from you. Now I'd really love a piece of that cake! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO SO BEAUTIFUL THIS IS MY FIRST VISIT TO YOUR BLOG .I LOVE EVERY THING ABOUTH YOUR BEAUTIFUL POST I WOULD TAKE A SLICE OF YOUR CAKE.I HAVE ENJOY MY VISIT..HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY...SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have given some ideas for the bridal shower I am having in June. Love the cake decorations. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous design in pink and green. Love the Dillards ice cream bowls, very vintage looking. Your cake and cupcakes look like they are from a professional bakery. Well done! ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything is so lovely. The cake with the flowers in the center is gorgeous!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely gorgeous. Your dessert table is displayed so beautifully and all the food looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is amazing! Lots to look at too. Plus I must admit to just wanting to put my face in that cake!
    Rainey
    http:theprojecttable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your table and all the details are delightful. Such a wonderful presentation! Please pass the cake!

    I have happily just become your friend and follower and hope you might visit and consider same.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such beautiful ideas!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites last week. I'm featuring you! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your buffet is as pretty as your tablescape. I love the pink and green. The sherbets are darling. Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Shae! The buffet is so pretty and the cake looks delicious. Thank you for joining my party this week.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now that is just gorgeous! I bet it tasted as good as it looked too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun!~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi,
    I stopped by from Debbiedoo's and glad I did. Your table looks fabulous and I wish I had that pound cake right now!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a beautiful setting - so very lovely and feminine! Love the pink and green footed dessert dishes and your beautiful cake!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a gorgeous buffet! Your attention to detail is incredible. What a treat it is to visit your blog. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete