Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tablescape Thursday: Pink Picnic in the Park

....There'll be foodstands along all the roads, picnics on all the hills - nobody hungry, nobody thirsty, shade from the sun, shelter from the wind....
Isaiah 48: 9, 10 (The Message)


I might have briefly mentioned last month that my birthday was the day after Mother's Day.
Instead of working on my birthday, I decided to take the day off & spend it with Mr. Dishaholic.  We started the day by sleeping in a little (something I rarely do these days).  After visiting the 15,000 square foot OKC Philharmonic Symphony Designer Show House {We LOVE going to show houses!}, we enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner at On The Border.....Mexican is my favorite!  And then I ended the day with a much-needed massage......a rare treat!

So, let's see.....time with my hubby, a showhouse, Mexican food, a massage.....what could make this day any better? 
Why, tablescaping & dessert, of course!

As evening began, I put together a little pink picnic for us.........make that a pink DESSERT picnic!

It was very hot & humid, so thankfully we didn't have to go far for this picnic, just our backyard, under the shade trees.

Keeping it light, airy, & shabby chic, I layered the small table for two with a sheer tablecloth with little pink rosebuds, folding it to add some layers & dimension.  It was so soft & sweet flowing in the breeze.

Two chippy pink chairs flank the table.  Don't you just love these?  They once belonged to my husband's grandparents, & I LOVE their true, old look, not to mention that they're PINK.

A dessert picnic, consisting of strawberry cupcakes {left over from our Mother's Day lunch}, vanilla ice cream, & ice cold milk, awaits us.



As you might have noticed, the heat & humidity didn't take long to start taking its toll on the icing & ice cream!


One of my new loves is mason jars!  They can be used in so many ways, and their tight lids make them perfect for transporting food & liquids for a picnic.

To dress them up a bit, I printed some labels on pink cardstock & simply cut them to fit the lid.

A stack of plates sits ready & waiting......


.....a couple of pink glass saucers, the perfect size for a cupcake.....

.....and a couple of salad plates with pink roses just for fun.

Do you remember a couple weeks ago when I told you about my grandma's china that is stored in my bathroom?!  Well, this is it!  Isn't it sweet?

A shabby green caddy, convenient for transporting many items at once, corrals the rest of our necessities.




Matching pink tumblers with straws are ready for milk.




Sweet eyelet napkins & antiqued silver flatware are grouped together.



Coordinating bowls will soon be filled with ice cream.





Left-over Mother's Day roses spill over the top of  a crystal goblet {also once belonging to my grandmother}.



And remember those peonies that I rescued from outside?  Well, they were so pretty that I had to include them on the table, too!

Resting casually, they add a bit of romance, not to mention their sweet fragrance!

As the wind blew, their soft petals scattered on the table & the ground below.....just georgeous!

Okay, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.  By the time I took my pictures {which was only about 10 minutes because I was hurrying!}, the icing & ice cream were beginning to melt so much that we actually had to take it inside to enjoy. 

Oh well! At least it made for some pretty pictures!

And in case you're wondering why I waited 'til now to share this table, well, next week has two very important holidays.....National Pink Day & Great American Picnic Day.  Combine the two, & you have a Pink Picnic in the Park!

 Thanks for stopping by again!  I treasure each & every visitor, follower, & comment!

Rosebud Tablecloth - Ebay {click here & here to see other tablescapes I've used it in}
China Plates & Bowls - Eggshell Nautilus Calarose by Homer Laughlin/belonged to my Grandmother
Pink Saucers & Tumblers - Tuesday Morning
Green Caddy - TJ Maxx
Crystal Goblet - belonged to my Grandmother
Mason Jars (also used here) & Glass Pedastal - Hobby Lobby
{Click on any of the links above to see other tablescapes using the same items}

I'll be linking with the following parties:
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage
Newbie Party @ DebbieDoos
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House in the Roses
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Outdoor Wednesdays @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Friday Favorites @ Simply Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper



43 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tablescape! I especially love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is so pretty!! I love your chairs, and the pink glasses! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table, I just bought a few of those little pink dishes at Tuesday Morning. Your birthday sounded like my kind of day, too. I also enjoyed your book review, and I so do BELIEVE! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice-you inspire me to create a pretty table!
    Thanks for all the work and thought you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very sweet table! Love the rose plates and those cheery pink chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love mason jars! espeically the old turquoise ball's mason jars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...I figured you would end up inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a perfect pink paradise!!!!!

    I love that you incorporated some family/vintage items as well, like the chippy chairs and charming china.

    Sorry, I'm on an alliterative bent this evening!

    Everything is truly lovely!

    Happy Birthday!!!

    Hugs/blessings to you,
    Lana In Italy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Shae! What a gorgeous pink pretty post! Thank you for letting us share your table top and lovely setting. I have Homer Laughlin Magnolia dishes from my grandmother also. I cherish my grandparents and have many of their treasures. I say treasure, they are in Heaven now. I love your cloche with the white paper shred like clouds for your yummy cupcakes. I will have to buy one…they are so versatile and so pretty. Love all the table and chairs, and sheer cloths.Take care, keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. So beautiful and pink!!!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shae, I just shared and encouraged my FB friends and family to visit your beautiful blog…I said you are a strong faithful lady and mother. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty...we enjoyed the Okc Phil. House the last weekend it was open!-Mickey W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emelia - How sweet of you to share my blog with your friends & family. I'm both humbled & honored that you would take the time to do that. I truly appreciate it! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I cannot imagine anything more sweet than eating cupcakes and ice cream outside on pink chairs:*~:*~:*~ Well yes I can, eating them off of pretty pink plates!
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that pretty and sheer tablecloth the pink chairs the garden carry all box, everything! I also wish I could eat a pink cupcake. Happy summer the pink peony was a perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely breathtaking! I have a window panel in that same fabric...my roses are a deeper color though. It looks so pretty on your table! LOVE those chairs too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, as always!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! So pretty, romantic and full of lovely details. I really LOVE those chippy pink folding chairs....how cute are they?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the idea of the table setting picnic in the park. Love the sheer table covering and how in seems to float. Stopping by from "Simply Sweet Home".

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your netting tablecloths are soo pretty. Such a lovely setting. Many blessings! marlis

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love the pink picnic. Who would have thought? Everything looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You hit this one out of the park. Fresh, simple, and lovely, as all picnics should be. Well done.

    Lucinda/Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete
  23. You hit this one out of the park. Fresh, simple, and lovely, as all picnics should be. Very nice.

    Lucinda/Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated Birthday! I'm a bit late arriving for your Pink Picnic, but now that I'm here I don't want to leave. This is full of delights ~ cupcakes, vanilla ice cream, chippy pink chairs, peonies, roses, lace, fluttery textile ~ and all in a gorgeous shady setting. Kudos to you for a fabulous post! I've added myself as a follower. ;-)
    ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sarah - So glad to meet you! Thanks for stopping by! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Shae, I adore this post! You have thought of every detail! happy Belated birthday, glad I could be here for it tho..:) Happy Pink Saturday! I am your newest follower! Sunny109

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,
    I think we are cousins on the dish-aholic side.
    I love prettiness and you have done it so well.

    Please visit me too.
    Graciously,
    monah

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sunny - So glad to have you! Thanks for stopping by! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  29. This tablescape is entirely TOO precious-in a wonderful way! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I dream of stuff like this! And the scripture is perfect. blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the pink chairs, the peonies the rosebud tablecloth all are so special. It is amazing how many of us love pink and love peonies

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pink picnic is wonderful! I love the pink chairs. They have that original pink retro paint color on them. I also love your table cloth blowing in the breeze that is so romantic! Very nice.
    Thanks for linking it up to HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a pink wonderland. Makes me want to walk right in. Love the tablecloth! That's my favorite, and the pink chairs!


    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh, I am in LoVe with it ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. so pretty :)

    Jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty, so adorable, so shabby and feminine. I love it!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is just beautiful! I have one of those tablecloths, love it!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is all so pretty! I have the same tablecloth.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sooooooo pretty. This is absolutely stunning. Love the linens and the dishes and using the tool box is genius. Perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Shae...

    My friend, I just adore your pretty pink dessert picnic!!! Ohhh my...that tablecloth with the little pink embroidered roses...is sooo sweet! And...I love your grandparent's old, chippy pink chairs...sooo awesome! What a beautiful table, my friend...thank you so much for sharing it with us! I loved getting a peek at your Grandmother's china too...it's gorgeous!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a charming and romantic post!! Happy Belated Birthday!
    What a day you must have had!
    This sweet tablescape is so delightful!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your pink picnic in the park. The chippy pink chairs really make the table!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jeepers...what a very pretty tablescape.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete