Saturday, February 12, 2011

Simplify Saturday

I don't know about you, but I constantly have an on-going struggle within me.  You see, I love new stuff!  It's not just that I love stuff, but I love what you can do with the stuff! 

I'm a decorating fanatic, whether it be for a holiday or a certain event or party or whether it's just coming up with new ways to "decorate" my tables!  I also love creating!  I'm always thinking up new stuff to "create," and I'm usually not satisfied until I've tried my hand at it!  So...I'm constantly getting "stuff" to use for decorating or creating.   The problem is I'm also an organizing fanatic!  My ideal house is spotless, with "a place for everything & everything in it's place."  So you see, this leaves me in a constant struggle....I get rid of stuff in order to simplify and get the house like I want it to be, and then, well, I get more stuff to satisfy my hunger to decorate & create!  And around & around I go! 

In the midst of this "merry-go-round," I've found that I'm always on the look-out for a better, more effecient way to organize or simplify my life without having to completely give up some of my greatest enjoyments: decorating & creating!  I've read countless organizing books; and "Storage" magazine, well, let's just say it's a staple in my house.  All of this reading, along with my love of organizing, has led me to start "Simplify Saturday."  Whether it be talking about an organizing gadget or simply sharing something that I've found to be helpful in simplifying my life, Saturday will be my day to share it! 

My plan was to jump right in & share a little tidbit today, but since Saturday's almost over & I'm a little tired (my hubby & I have both had a stomach bug this weekend), I think I'll just keep this post simple & save it for next time.  So check back next Saturday for "A Purpose A Day Keeps the Stress at Bay."

No comments:

Post a Comment