Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Favorites: Knockout Roses

Awww, spring is in the air & I can hardly wait for it to get here.  The last couple days, except for being a bit windy (but when is it not windy in Oklahoma?), have been absolutely gorgeous. 

One thing I love most about the springtime is all of the beautiful, colorful flowers we have around our house.  For me, the more color, the better!   And of all of the flowers, one of my favorite is the bright pink Knockout Rose.  (For those of you who don't know, Mr. Dishaholic is a landscape designer and contractor, so I'm a little spoiled when it comes to beautiful landscaping.) 

Here's a photo taken of a flower bed in our front yard last spring.
 Aren't they beautiful?

Just a few short weeks and they'll be in full bloom again!

6 comments:

  1. You are too lucky! Those are just beautiful.

    I would love to have a lovely yard, but we still just have the basic plantings that the builder put in 6 years ago. Well, except for the ones that died/we killed.

    Sure wish that y'all lived closer so that your hubby could make our yard look this great. Our neighbors would thank you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If it were just up to me, I doubt any of our plants would survive! I usually just let him handle the yard, but I'm hoping to get out & help him a little this year. Maybe he can teach me a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they ARE gorgeous.

    wished i had them.

    thanks for sharing & linking up!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard is just beautiful-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Knockout Roses, unfortunately, so do the deer that inhabit my yard! They have devoured mine down to nubs! I'm also a landscape designer so I can't wait to have a look around your blog. Happy PINK Saturday (a day late) Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! My aunt just told me last week that she had planted Knockout Roses. I love roses, probably my favorite flower. I'm now your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete